Friday, December 5, 2008

Chirstmas Tree Ornaments

Ten years ago me and Paul bought our first Christmas tree and ornaments to go on the tree. I was very specific on the ornaments. I had a certain look in mind. I wanted a very upscale looking tree. We spent a fortune on the ornaments and the tree looked fabulous.

Then our kids were born and we started the tradition of putting their picture in an ornament each year and each year the kids pick out an ornament of their choice. Last night I was looking at our tree with all the spidermans, supermans, Doras, baseballs, soccer balls, The Hulk, puppies, cars, starwars figures, all the school made, ect, ect, ect ornaments and couldn't help but cry. Each kid's ornament from over the years has added such beauty I could of never imagined. Each kid's ornament has a story of that year that it was picked out. Each year when the ornaments are going up the kids remember each one and tell the stories of why they had picked that one. It brings back such good memories and the kids remember each one.

Each year more and more of the ornaments that I picked out that first year stay in boxes and I know one year there won't be a trace of those first year's ornaments. But I wouldn't change a thing! Our tree is more beautiful then I could of ever thought possible filled with happy memories from top to bottom with more and more added each year! This is one of my favortie parts of Christmas!

No comments: