Friday, April 24, 2009

Branson Lost A Tooth!


Branson lost a tooth the other day! I think this is his 3rd or 4th one. So under his pillow it went! And of course the tooth fairy came!! I am pretty sure Branson doesn't believe in the Tooth Fairy anymore (I am sure Kyler is to thank for that) but I sure try and make him believe!

When he woke up he said "guess how much money I got!" I told him how great that was and that the TF must really love him. He looked at me and said "I think it is you." Me.. "You think I am the TF? How would I have time to travel all over the world and give kids money for their teeth and where in the world would I keep all the teeth of all the kids all over the world?" He just looked up at me and you could tell his brain was trying to process that. Then he said "no, just to me." Me.."So you think I am only your TF and that no other kid in the whole world gets money when they lose a tooth? Then how do all the kids know about the TF if I am the TF but only give you money?" Again, he looks up at me and trys to analize what I just said. I was trying hard not to laugh. Finally, he said.."Ok, ok the TF is real." I know he doesn't really believe that but I just want to keep the magic alive as long as I can.

It reminds me of when I was little and my dad use to do a magic trick with a quater. He would put it in his hand and tell me to blow on his hand. Then he would open his hand and the quarter would be gone. Then he would magically pull it out of my ear. I got to a age where I knew it wasn't really magic anymore but still didn't know how he did it. Now my dad does that trick for my kids....Oh how wonderful magic is as a kid and tooth fairys, Easter bunnys, ect, ect, ect...Why do we ever have to leave childhood??

1 comment:

Tammy said...

you're a good tooth fairy!