Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dear Jade


Dear Jade,

We are so blessed to have you as our daughter! I know how lucky we are!! So, so lucky!! I dreamed of having a daughter since I was little and you by far have exceed my expectations!! Each and every day after lunch we go outside to play with all your outside toys. I love watching you play with your huge imagination. Today you were running up to a toy bike and you stopped right in your tracks and looked across the driveway. Something caught your attention. You stood and looked the direction that had caught your attention and after a minute you ran across the drive way and bent over to look at whatever it was that you saw. After a few seconds of looking you picked it up and ran back to me and said "look mama! A baby rock!!" It was so cute!! You felt like you found a treasure in that "baby rock." Then you went on the hunt for more "baby rocks."


After your search you found Kyler's skate board and put it in your wagon. You teetered it across the two seats on each end and sat on the skate board and said "mama push me." And so we went on a walk, me pulling your wagon and you sitting on the skate board in the wagon. You have such a great imagination!! As we were walking I noticed how you started to suck your two middle fingers and were holding on to your hair. I love when you do that! Of course it means you are tried. I asked if you were ready for your nap and of course you said "no!" You quickly took your fingers out of your mouth and pushed your hair back as if I wouldn't notice. We walked back to the house and I put you to bed. As I shut the door you yelled out "nite, nite mama!" And told you that I love you! As I walked down the stairs you yelled out again " Love you mama!" We do this all the time...our little ritual.

I love you, Jade!! Always have, always will!!

I know how blessed I am to have you as my daughter!!!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That is the sweetest thing!