Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Baby Boy Adoption


I thought I would write a little about what has been going on in my life before posting the info of the sweet boy that needs a family. But don't worry, I will post info of sweet Nolan at the end.

I took a break from my blog a couple years ago because I don't really think anyone was reading it and I needed a break. Things for us as a family are great. Both my boys are doing great dealing with cf and we still try to make that as small of a piece of their life as we can. Branson is currently doing home IV's for a tune-up. This is his 3rd week. It was suppose to only be for two weeks but the first antibiotic didn't do a good of a job as we hoped so the doctor changed his med and we will see where we are at after a week on this one. For Branson it is always something about this time of year. I am not sure if it is allergies or just the one year since his last tune-up wearing off but I always hope he can skip a year but so far no luck. Maybe next year.

Kyler is doing good. He is in 7th grade now. Middle school. Wow! How did that happen? I feel like I was in middle school just yesterday. And believe me..the issues with middle school that I had are still issues today. Yuk! I really don't miss middle school! Kyler did get to skip a couple of years of tune-ups but this past summer he had to have polyps removed so we went ahead and did a tune-up since he would be in the hospital anyway.

Jade is in pre-school now but acts like she is a teenager! She is doing good with her diabetes and she is very intune with her body. She is still using the omni pod insulin pump. Her teachers are very good with her and her needs at school. I was really worried about it before we got her into school but I refuse to let diabetes hold her back and so far my fears were a waste of my time because her school has done an excellent job with her!

So I haven't written on my blog in a couple of years but I have kept up with other blogs. And how I found Reeces Rainbow was through a blog that I followed. The blog I followed was about a family that had a child with medical issues. At one point they decided to adopt through Reece's Rainbow and I followed their blog all the way through the adoption. Their daughter was beautiful but after they got her home she really just blossomed! It was amazing seeing how different and beautiful their daughter became after being home only a short couple of months. Since then I have followed many other blogs that have adopted through RR and every SINGLE child turned into a different child after just a few short weeks home. Everyone blossomed! I love watching that miracle unfold with each child.

Looking through the pictures of each child on RR just breaks my heart. I wanted to do something to help. I want all those kids to have a Mommy and Daddy! So that is why I decided to start the blog up again. I don't know how to get people to look at my blog? Anyone know any tricks? I try to make titles that might be words people google in hopes that my blog will show up. And I donate when I can and I pray ALL the time for those children! I can't keep images out of my mind about those kids going to bed with no hugs, hungry, lonely, scare. The saddest part is knowing that when they turn 5 or 6 they head off to mental institutions.

Yesterday I was going to post a picture of a little girl that I had been praying for to find a Mom and Dad for awhile. Her name was Bridgett. She was 5 and I knew her time was running out. She was a blond hair, blue eyed beauty. She had HIV. Her birth Mom refused her at birth. A couple that was at her orphanage adopting her best friend blogged about how Bridgett asked every day if she had a Mama and a Papa coming...Broke my heart to read that! They talked about how sweet she was and how she loved little bitty toys and heart stickers. They talked about how hard she cried when they walked out of the gates with their daughter, her best friend for the last time.

So I prayed for her and I donated to her fund and yesterday when I went to find her info and picture on RR it was gone. My heart started beating fast and I hoped it would be on the page "My Family Found Me." I frantically scrolled down that page and her picture was not there. I cried. The only thing it could mean is she has been transferred to a mental institution and she is no longer available for adoption. Her time ran out. Oh how my heart is hurting for her! A six year old little girl in a mental institution because she has HIV. Unthinkable! No toys, no education, no swings or slides. They will have a bed and food if they are lucky. Most children do not make it two years once they are transferred. All I can do is pray for her now.

But I will continue to advocate for these kids and hope people find my blog and hope that God will tug at their hearts. For all those who are coming and reading my blog Thank You!!! And now here is a sweet little boy up for adoption through RR..

http://reecesrainbow.org/nolan117

Boy, Born September 9, 2004
Nolan is such a handsome boy! He needs a loving family!
From his medical records: long-term effects of some early trauma, slight mental delay, flat feet, farsightedness. He has fine motor skills, understands everything, he talks but it is hard to understand him. Nolan is very physically active, happy and cooperative, friends with other children.
These children are truly living on borrowed time, and families should be home study approved before an official commitment can be made for this child.

Nolan is 7 years old and he is already at a mental institution. But it is a mental institution that will allow kids to still be adopted so that is the great news! The bad news is the mental institution that he is at is a bad one! A lot of kids die of starvation at this institution. The fact that he has held on this long is a miracle! As I have said before RR takes you through the international adoption process from beginning to end. So please if you are considering adoption please consider Nolan. From what I understand his flat feet are (were) the worst of his conditions. A lot of times when they say mental delay it is because they have never been to school and once they get to the institutions they are kept in their bed day in and day out but I have watched kids come alive once they got home. Their brains catch up quickly! If you email RR they can email you back with more pictures (if they have them) and more info on Nolan. And if you can't adopt please consider donating for the cost of his adoption. Thank you!!

No comments: