Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Veggies And Kids

Little kids are so in tune with what their bodies need. It really just amazes me to watch little kids eat. Usually we have a meat, a carb and a vegie for each dinner. Ex- grilled chicken, rice and broccoli. Every time I set a plate in front of Jade she goes for the veggie first. EVERY TIME! She will finish that and then maybe eat a little meat and carb. Sometimes she will have 2nds and 3rds of the veggie and at times that is all she will eat, just the veggies! Both boys did this as well untill they got a little older. Now with Kyler I have to ask him to take a few bites of his veggies. Brans is still pretty good about eatting his veggies but its not the 1st thing he goes for anymore.

Another thing I notice with Jade is she always asks for furits for a snack. We have cookies, pop tarts, cerials, goldfish cracker, ect, ect, ect and she knows we have all this but she always asks for fruit. Grapes, apples, banannas, oranges, ect.

Lately, when I start craving a snack I force myself to have fruit and after a few days your body really does start craving fruit instead of junk. It just amazes me how in tune little kids are with their body!! I am taking a lesson and taking notes!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I'm like you.. the more good food I eat, the more I crave it, and the less I crave junk!

I wanted to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day!!! I hope it's filled with lots of blessings. :)