Monday, February 16, 2009

Jade

Tueday Feb 10th, exactly 10 days before my daughter's 2nd Birthday she is diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Our hearts are shattered into a million pieces. Why? Why? There are no answers I guess. No answers for cf, no answers for diabetes. It has started already...her perfect, beautiful porcelain skin is bruising from the shots she must now take. How many times can I cry? Apparently a lot. She sees me coming with the shot and she instantly starts crying. Then I start crying...again. They say she will get use to it but I know I won't. Just completely breaks my heart. Why? I don't think we have slept since she got home from the hospital. Constantly checking on her. Why can't someone make a monitor to alert you if you have low blood sugar? Guess it is more important to come up with the technology to find the name of a song playing on a restaurant by holding up a phone. Guess I am angry too. How can this happen to a child? A toddler? My baby?

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Carolyn, I'm tearing up reading this post. I've got you and your young family on my prayer list...

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

So sorry to hear about Jade:( I love that name BTW! Praying for you all.
M

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, I am so sorry to hear this news... I am crying now. I thank God that Jade has most probably the best parents in the world to take care of her. My prayers are with you.