Thursday, May 29, 2008

From The Inside Out


This popped into my mind this morning so I thought I would post it. We have all heard that 'you are what you eat' and I truly believe this. Food can really affect your complexion, skin, ect. I am a horse person and one clue to how a horse is doing is to judge from their coat (fur). One example that stands out in my mind with my horse was a few years back. Normally Precious (my horse of 18 years) has a very very shinny coat. It is something many many people have commented on over the years. Horses can and do get worms very easily such as tape worms, ect so every other month we have to give a paste that kills all the worms in a horses body. Every once in awhile the paste will not be enough to kill all the worms and then you have to call a vet out and he puts a tube down the horse's nose into the stomach and gives a very powerful paste that will kill everything. So back to a few years back, Precious' coat got very dull and so I called the vet out and he gave her the powerful deworming stuff and about 2 hours later her coat was back to being very shinny and healthy looking! It is amazing how fast something like that can happen! Of course we don't have worms in us (at least I hope not) but it does show you how fast what we eat can affect us and how we look. So next time you are debating on fastfood vs. good for you food maybe you will think of this story and go with the good for you food!

No comments: