Monday, July 21, 2008

Hot And Takes Me Back Home...

Our down stairs air conditioner went out on Sat and so the down stairs is VERY hot!! We have the upstairs air on full blast but it is not helping much down stairs. Our new unit will be in on Mon or Tues so we have to live this way for a few days. It is covered under warenty thank goodness! The funny thing is it reminds me of growing up. My parents would only run the air if it was over 100 outside and so if the air wasn't on we had the windows open and floor fans on. I always hated the floor fans. They were loud and to me just annoying. My parents would also sleep at night without the air on and windows open. The nights were not too bad because in Amarillo at night the temp will drop to 70's or 60's. I would fall asleep and my parents would come in my room and turn on my floor fan. I would wake up with it blowing on me and turn it off.

Last night I layed in bed with our ceiling fan on high and to me it felt like a floor fan. Of course we couldn't open the windows here because even at midnight the temp was 90 degrees. But the heat has brought back some good memories as well. In the summer you could always hear kids playing outside even after it was dark. The ice cream man coming down the street with his music on. I have not seen an ice cream man in how long?? The birds singing early in the morning. They sing so much louder in the spring and summer it seems like. I remember starry nights, long swimming days, running through the sprinkler, playing hide n go seek on our block with all the kids till dark, sleep overs, riding bikes after dark, roller skating, parks, and the list goes on and on.

So the air going out hasn't been a total bad thing. Now if we were to have to pay for a new unit that would be a totally different story!!

No comments: