Friday, July 18, 2008

Interesting Timing

So my cell phone rings this morning (Fri) and I don't recognize the phone number but answer anyway. It is my horse's owner before me. And like I have said in the past he calls every few years wanting to buy Precious back and remember I have had her now for 18 years (I still can't believe it has been that long!) I told him I am not interested in selling her. He said he just bought 300 acres about an hour and a half away from us and that we were welcome to bring her out there to stay at his place and take advantage of all his land.

I did think this is interesting because number one- we do need to find her a new place since they are selling the place she is at now and number two- even though she is not ready to be retired now she is getting older and I have wondered what I am going to do with her when she is ready to retire. I will always keep her no matter what but I wold like for her to have a nice place for her to retire to. He asked me to come out and take a look at his land and see if I would want to keep Precious out there. I told him I would think about it and call him back. I do think it is interesting at the timing of his call since I do need to find her a new place to live. But honestly it really is too far away from me. I would only be able to see her on weekends and I wouldn't be able to go out that far every weekend.

Even when I do retire her she really couldn't be that far away from me but if he was closer that would be a great deal to have. Let her hang out with other horses on 300 acres. Maybe I will tell him to move closer and we would have a deal! LOL!

I have two places to look at tomorrow for her. One is kind of a drive and the other is pretty close so I just have to see if I will like it. We looked at a place last night and it was nice but just too far out. That is about it as far as the Precious update goes!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: