Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fun Run

Hello! During the school year my kids do something at school called the Fun Run. Every week they run laps for 15 min and the magic number is 6 which is a mile. If they run 6 laps every week they will get a certificate at the end of each 9 weeks. If they run 7, 8 or 9 laps (9 laps is a mile and a half) they get a certificate each week and if they get 10 laps they get a certificate that week, get their name on a board and get another certificate at the end of the 9 weeks. All year Kyler got anywhere from 8 laps to 9 but the last run he got 10! Branson got anywhere from 6 to 8 laps but the last one he got 9 laps!

Well we decided to keep this Fun Run thing going during the summer with just us and how do we motivate our kids to WANT to do this? And not only motivate to do the fun run but to do it 3 times a week? Can you guess? It is the same thing that makes the whole world go round...MONEY! My kids will do anything for money! They get $1.00 for 6 laps, 1.50 for 7 laps, 2.00 for 8 laps, 3.00 for 9 laps and 5.00 for 10 laps. We go up to their school about 7pm and I also do the fun run with them. I husband does the time and he has a sharpie pen to put dots on our hands as we run by so we know how many laps we have done. Both boys always lap me so they like to run with me. :) There is a play ground also and my daughter plays up there while we are running.

This is the second week we have done this and this week my kids wanted to do the fun run 4 times!! I am so proud of both of them! They do such a great job!! Both of them run the whole time without having to walk! I can run 1/2 a mile but after that I have to walk here and there to catch my breath. After the 15 min the kids and my husband go and kick a soccer ball around or play basket ball while I continue on to do a total of 12 laps (2 miles). We really have had fun doing this! We plan to do this all summer!

No comments: