Friday, June 20, 2008

Random Short Letters

I saw this idea on another post so I thought I would borrow the idea and do a post with it. Here we go...

Dear Exercise,

I want to thank you for always being there for me and always following through on all your promises! Not once did you ever lie to me and promise me something that you could do. I am sorry for all the verbal abuse I have thrown at you through the years! Always using four letter words while I was working out or tell you how much I hate you but the truth is, I love you! Not only do you provide me with the best body I could ask for but you also always life my spirits, make my mood positive and help me through stressful times! Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I promise to try not to verbally abuse you anymore!

Dear House,

Thank you for not only being our house but being our home! We love you more each and every day! I do have one complaint. Remember how we talked about you keeping clean? I am getting very disappointed by how you are not keeping your end of the deal! I can't keep you clean while trying to entertain 3 kids during the summer! Please, please try to work harder on this and we will love you even more! Thank you!

Dear Allergies,

Please leave me the heck alone! I have had enough and because of you I have kept benadril and zertec in business and it is time I put that money else where. Thank you and don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

Dear Laundry,

Please learn to fold yourselves. I just don't have the time! Also learn to put your self up, in fact please just learn to do everything by yourself as you are my least favorite thing to do! Thank you!

Dear CF,

Your days are numbered!! Too many people have had enough of you and a cure will soon wipe you out of this world!! It is getting closer, we can all feel it!!



Dear Readers of My Blog,

Thank you for reading my blog and please feel free to come back anytime! I love you all and hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Love,
Me

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hi Carolyn! I just read your profile and some of your blog and wanted to share that my parents also raised me treating my CF as just another part of my day, like brushing my teeth. My parents' philosophy was that I could get hit by a bus tomorrow (perhaps a bit morbid, but they didn't actually say this to me until I was older), so why worry about CF more than we have to? I really believe it's a big part of the reason why I see myself as so "normal" today, and never gave up on persuing my dreams (and I actually gave a speech about that at my high school graduation). I also appreciate reading a bit about your relationship with your mom...it makes me think more about the right way to teach my future children about my own illness. Thanks for your blog!

PS - I live in Austin too!