Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kyler, Branson and CF

Kyler and Branson do not know that people can die from cf. We keep them as far away from that as possible. I hope to be able to keep them that way for as long as I can. They did not know about Haley Palmer or hear her story. We don't take them to any kind of cf event (like the cf walks, ect). They know they have something called cf and it involves breathing treatments, enzymes, and sometimes going into the hospital for iv meds and that is about all they know. I hope to keep it that way for as long as I can. They are too young to have something like that on their shoulders. My mom use to talk about her dying when I was really young and it scared me so bad. Not real sure why she did this except maybe she thought she was preparing me for something but I thought she was going to keel over at any minute and I lived in that fear for a long time and I don't want my kids to have that kind of fear ever! CF is scary because each person that has it is so different. Kyler and Branson are very different cf wise. It is a blow anytime you hear about someone not making it with cf no matter how old and every time I hear of someone older who has cf I cross my fingers. I know a man who is 77 and has cf and has the same Bday as Branson and I look at that as a sign. Every day is a day closer to something new they will come out with that will extend the lives of people with cf and every day I have faith and hope. Anyway I just thought I would put this out there.

1 comment:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Your boys have been on my mind and in my prayers...

Helping them to live life to the fullest and not let CF present them with limitations is a wonderful thing.