Friday, April 11, 2008

Skin Care

I thought I would talk a little bit about some of the products I use on my face for skin care and what I have learned over the years. About 8 years ago I went to a dermatologist's office and he told me that the products you get at department stores are no better than the kind of product you can get at target, walmart, ect except they are a lot more expensive!! He recommended the kind of products that you can get at a dermatologist's office or plastic surgeon's office or over the counter from Wal-Mart, ect . With my experience with products from department stores, I do have to agree with him because I never noticed a difference with products from department stores vs. oil of olay, ect. But I have used products from dermatologist's and have noticed a difference. I like MD Forte and Obagi. I also use a really good eye cream from Dr Brandt called lineless eye cream. I LOVE that eye cream!! One trick I have learned, after you go to a dermatologist or skin care clinic at a plastic surgeon's office and find the products that work for you and it is time to buy more you can go on ebay and see if you can find that product. I have been able to get products for about 10.00 to 20.00 dollars cheaper. I usually just do the 'Buy it now' but you might be able to get even a better deal by doing the bidding wars on ebay. Just always make sure they are "never been open" on ebay. Also don't forget the sunscreen!! It really does make a difference! Just look at the areas on your body that never get sun vs. the areas that do and see what a difference. But once you start adding sunscreen to areas that have been exposed to the sun, after awhile you will notice a big improvement in those areas. Improvement will also happen quicker if you also find some great products to help turn back time. A great book I have is called 10 Minutes 10 Years Your Definitve Guide To A Beautiful And Youthful Appearance by Dr Fredric Brandt is really a great book!! It is a real easy read and if you are having issues with say skin around your eyes you just turn to the chapter about eyes. Or if you have issues with skin on your hands, you turn to that chapter and it talks about all the things you can do to improve that area. It tells you everything from over the counter products to plastic surgery. One thing I love about this book is plastic surgery is the last thing he recommends. There are many many options that can really improve you skin. It is a great reference book to have!

ps. If you do use a product from a department store that you like and works for you don't change it!!!! Everyone is different and what might work for some doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

No comments: